Saturday, April 12, 2014

Take My Life and Let It Be

We are singing this in church tomorrow in response to Romans 14:13-19.  As I have been meditating on the words, preparing for worship, I am trying to sing them with thoughts toward my own life and heart so as not to sing numbly, but with a tender heart.






"Take my life (truly, Yours Lord) and let it be
Consecrated (sacred, holy, set apart) Lord to Thee
Take my moments and my days (each moment, second-not being on auto pilot in the mundane; every part of my days and all my days)
Let them flow in ceaseless praise (Oh, that we(I) would praise Him with each moment, regardless of what it brings, with my life in obedience to Him.)
Let them flow in ceaseless praise

Take my hands (clean hands, with a pure and holy heart-I lift them up to You, Lord) and let them move(not idle, but working for my Lord!)
At the impulse of Thy love(listening to the prompting of the Spirit, the One you left to lead and direct us)
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee
Swift and beautiful for Thee(beautiful are the feet that bring the gospel of PEACE)

Take my voice(You gave me a voice!) and let me sing(A way to worship you audibly from the outflow of my heart)
Always only for my King(Doesn't the pot do all the Potter created Him for?  Oh may I never use my voice for what doesn't please you, My Creator!)
Take my lips (may I repent like Isaiah of my unclean lips )and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee(May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight)
Filled with messages from Thee

Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold(It's all Yours, Lord)
Take my intellect (all I have comes from you) and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose
Every power as Thou shalt choose(Lord, help us to seek wisdom for Your glory and not intellect for man's applause)

Take my will(my will?  Would I have ever sought you?  Now that you have saved me, let my will be lost in Yours) and make it Thine
It shall be no longer mine(I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live, but Christ lives in me)
Take my heart(You made my heart of stone a heart of flesh) it is Thine (I am His and He is mine! )own
It shall be Thy royal throne
It shall be Thy royal throne(Isaiah 66:1-Let my heart be Your throne!)

Take my love(any love I have comes from the One who IS Love), my Lord, I pour(I pour it all out for You...poured out, yet You continue to fill me til my cup overflows)
At Thy feet(where I long to stay, bowing before You, my All in All) its treasure -store
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only all for Thee (You are always enough for me...)
Ever, only all for Thee(You are all I need.  Hallelujah, all I have is Christ!)

Francis R. Havergal (thoughts mine) 

No comments:

Post a Comment